Sunday, October 2, 2016

DIY | Antique Nightstand Revamp

DIY | Cheap Antique Nightstand Revamp 


I'm so excited to finally reveal our headboard. Serious. We have been searching for more than a bed head this year. I will wipe Craigslist on a daily basis almost-we will stop at garage sales, antique shops, and everything in between. He woodsy want two things I like to call "matchy matchy-" bedside where as I only want two-night stand in general. On Easter weekend, we met a friend of a friend whose mother is a stock broker. She gave us some of her mother and I had planned to call her that Monday morning, that is until I read through the interior section of Craigslist and found this two beauties. I frantically sent several text messages to his woodsy after many phone calls to the person who sold beautiful.


After communicating over the day that all of us were set to go later in the evening after work to catch the night stand. The hour drive each way well worth it and luckily we were able to put our Prius instead of gas gusling SUV! Look how beautiful they fit in the back of our car?


Of course, we came home late that night, but we were both wires on teh great deal, we have scored! Two matching bedside personality with $ 70! Of course the gentleman was asking for $ 100 but I was able to talk to him down a little (30% a little)! Both of us were curious to see the head of the bed next to our bed so we brought it to our room and put it in front of the old messy black lacquer night we stood. Does it look goregous!?! We are very giddy from our great Craigslist find!



Unfortunately, like most projects, the head of the bed sat in our garage for a few weeks until we had enough time to devote to them. Plus it gave us time to decide what we want to do for the headboard. I love them the way they were; However, I know with our cupboard became a white ball that I wanted to have a headboard different colors. I've thought about painting it yellow, but since they will stand right next to the yellow carpet ... gold was out of the question too!

Paint & Primer in one
Check Amazon 

Instead, we went with Tide Tropical Behr body.


First, was the first thing we need to remove the button before we can draw.


The way the buttons are installed half way ass install button. They really twisted the knobs on with a screw! needless to say only some of them easily twisted off.


He had to hold back woodsy to a few of the drawer where the screw was trapped in front but the knob came off.


Then, using a sharpie, he woodsy numbering each drawer before painting * just in case they have been moved out of place.


See the number on the back of a drawer?


Now, the buttons off, we can start to rub!


He woodsy orbital sander runs on the front of the drawer bedside cabinet just to rough up the surface before painting.


And then the picture begins. We decided to keep the top of the headboard and white, we like the idea of two-toned headboard.


He woodsy using a mini roller and a brush to apply the paint to the headboard.


Paint roller tree
Check Amazon


Public building drawers bedside cabinet in the rear floor using a thin piece of wood to keep the green part off the ground.


Then he decided he wanted woodsy complex started painting all the finer details at the bottom. I'm not happy. This is not what I envisioned. Seriously, we got in a very lively debate about this. It's not fun and can end our marriage. Finally I ended up painting on the white painted line perfectly with the tropical tide again and did a painting on technical wipe with a white collar that Behr carries. This has no effect because 1. He woodsy will not talk to me for days 2. I was so angry and tired to set up the tripod. This is when I decided that I hate how "green Smurfy" Our bedhead look. Finally, it is because both have an eggshell finish, and I just was not feeling neighbors. Oh, and perhaps because he decided to paint the tops woodsy of a completely white. So, once we both can achieve calmness (days later) I went to the store and buy Behr and his white neck tops woodsy repainted. I also completed the detailed work on the bottom of the stand at night.


A week after my glass buttons until he woodsy setting them on the drawer fronts. Drill a hole where the hole is half ass out.



Then he started working woodsy glass knob on the front drawer.


Then we began to grieve with paint. We simply draw on some brown paint with a paint brush, and then blotted it off with a wet rag.




I love how the spin is complete.


Then I ran a little sand paper rough on the edges to give them a little more.


And finally they are ready to move into our room; However, that means cleaning our old bed head and started filling up the new bed! At this point, it was close to 11:00 at night, but the bed was made and in our room, next to our bed!


So here we go ... what's her bedside Our new how, way better than what we used to have!



I could not be happier with how the top edge of the bed turned out.



Looking at those sexy legs!


You can tell where the next holiday we are planning?

DIY | Antique Nightstand Revamp
Check Amazon 

No comments: