Sunday, October 2, 2016

WOODEN CRATE ON HAIRPIN LEGS (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)

THE GREAT CRATE CHALLENGE!

Hello friends! Many apologies for MIA - is still dealing with the problems of my father - but I am extremely happy to announce that I and my bloggy 9 people are participating in The Great Crate Challenge! (Let's ooh and ahh's caught!) Each one of us has made a plain barrel Michael - available here - and convert it into the creation of our very own using materials unique!

Michael barrel is very versatile as it features well-built, strong, raw, untreated wood, which is perfect for all the stains and paints you can try different! Just imagine the possibilities! It is also the perfect size - not too little and not too big; Perfect to keep the books, blankets, toys and more. The best part? It's only $ 13.99! When I went to get me, I also had a 50% coupon to cost me next to nothing for a great piece that I can customize my liking!

Without further ado, here are my views on the challenges Crate Michael - very own tank console table / display my price!

Materials I use:



- Crate Michael

- Rust-Oleum Early American Wood Stain

- Rag

- String Gold or embroidery floss (see more...)

- Legs hairpin (see more...)

- Screw (see more...)

- Drill (see more...)

First I went about my piece dyed Rust-Oleum with Early American Wood Stain in a squeeze bottle easy to apply! I've never dyed anything in my life before, so I simply follow the instructions on the bottle and it turned out really good! I apply the stain with a rag and some directly on the wood and wipe with the grain. Some timber is my crude barrel so it's a little more difficult to apply, but with a little patience and elbow crease I had my insurance! I LOOOVE color🙂


Once dry spots (it was dry to touch within a few minutes and set one hour) I wrapped the gold chain on the handle of the barrel for a touch of bling and structural interest. I simply just tied to a secret, and start wrapping until I have a good class. Just use a little bit of hot glue or E6000 to ensure end!


Next, I used my drill and screws and hairpin legs attached to the underside of my tank! I got those gorgeous legs of hairpin hairpin legs for Less - they are super affordable and come in lots of fun colors, sizes, and finishes! I have only two because the table next to me is going to be attached to the wall and I like the look simple with only two legs.



There is an empty space below the TV wall in our bedroom was just begging for a little somethin'-somethin 'to brighten it up! I simply leaned it up against the wall and the back of the barrel screwed into the wall so that it will stay. And you have it already! A side table super fast and easy to make use of a barrel of Michael! This project only takes a few hours and is a breeze to complete. I adore how it turned out! My plant is a little berry nice house to live now - look how it develops!



The Great Crate Challenge – Wood Crate Wine Rack

Good morning!!!! If you read my last Tour Blogland post, you can see a sneak peak of what's in store for today! So excited to be part of this big Crate Challenge with friends bloggy my VERY talented! We decided all create something using the same wooden crates from Michaels.

With endless possibilities, I decided to do a rack my wine in wooden barrels. I'm very happy with how it turned out and very happy to finally share with everyone!


The possibilities are truly endless with wooden barrels, I had so many ideas in my head when we decided to do this challenge, really makes it difficult to decide what I want to create. I decided to appreciate this wine, because it is perfect for small spaces. That is what we need for our small kitchen. You can easily place it on a desk, shelf, or mount it on the wall makes it very flexible.

First I start by dyeing barrel with wood stain minwax classic gray.



For the middle part, I use some of the wood that we had laying around in the garage, which is about 1 "thick. Measure the inside tank and then cut the boards to fit inside, making Figure X. after the cut, then I went ahead and stained them with the same wood stain.



Once everything is dry then start assembling. Use finishing nails a few to ensure the center together, acacia and some extra wood everything came together. The wooden parts have been used to fill small gaps in between the CBD and the barrel.

You will need to let the wooden parts dry and then sand lightly to make it smooth. After everything was finished I had the whole thing to add a coat of stain, then it is time to relax and enjoy a glass of wine on!

See more....


No comments: