Saturday, October 1, 2016

FLOATING DIY NIGHTSTAND WITH TEAL COLOR ACCENTS (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)

Graphic Bed


The Do It Yourself today is to make a nightstand or side table, graph.
For the table, I satisfied myself to assemble 4 wooden planks form a cube to ask wall applique.
In the chart, I strongly inspired by the site do + redo that Samantha Pattillo provided to customize part of the furniture from the 50s in a graphic style is very modern with the color of the this points: mint, of course! and coal.
The exercise was easier for me because my bed moldings at his wardrobe.

For this, you will need:
- 4 planks cut to the desired size. I get mine at Mr Bricolage, and I did everything to cut the same size (yes, they cut us to the length you want M. Craft € about 1 cup). I ended up with a rectangular board, not square.
- The brackets and screws to assemble the table and hung on the wall
- Of wood glue
- Masking Tapes
- Pictures of 4 different shades and brushes / rollers. I used paint Dulux Valentine inspection. The small economic format contain enough paint for my project. They are also equipped with an integrated brush to plug such as a color nail polish! To not have the marks of the brush and spread paint, I use a small foam roller.
- A polyurethane finish

To mount the night table, I start by sticking with wood glue on the shelf (horizontal) tablet side (vertical). I strengthen the assembly by adjusting the angle inside the box, to the bottom. then I glued to the shelf below (horizontal) in the tablet (vertically). I strengthen the assembly by turning the shelf under the shelf. This is where there is a significant love diligent!

I ended up with a 4-side box.



For the reason, I first performed on a leaf painted by projecting flat face of the box 3.



I designed the pattern pencil on top of the bed. then I isolated areas to paint with color colored masking tape and I painted one after the other. We of course have to wait for the curing time before removing the masking tape and the next turns.

Then you can apply a polyurethane finish to protect the furniture, which I have not done.











It will only set the table against the wall, and voila.

Custom Carpet Brush


I wish all of you a very good year in 2016!
And to start this year, I am proposing a DIY decoration brush mat. For this, you need:
- A brush-dimensional coconut mats 60cmx40cm
- Acrylic paint
- Bandage
- A tape measure
- Scissors or knife


1. Place masking tape vertically every 10 cm



2. Cross then with masking tape at 60 degrees (If like me you do not have a protractor, a sheet folded into three equal parts along the edges. The corners are created as 60 °). Each band must refuse to 10cm, as shown in Fig. Then recross the other way through each intersection has been created.




3. Densifier all by gluing a strip of masking tape in the middle of all the parallel strip.



4. Use scissors or a knife, cut the tape to create flowers. Cut out the pattern that you like by creating flowers across the entire surface or not, like me. Tape the parts you do not want painted.




5. Son then in the rest of the bandage covering the hole by moving from carpet masking tape to tape the paint did not follow.



6. Let dry and remove the masking tape. And this is the result! There is more to set the front door.







A Truce My Grove


This is a unique way to customize your sneakers. I have a soft spot for Stone in a truce and I are two pairs: one in sequins and a navy blue cloth. Finally, the navy blue fabric lacks glitter and I put less often (yes, life is better with glitter).
So I decided to add on that canvas.
For this, you need:
- A pair of canvas ceasefire (but any other pair of canvas shoes can do the trick)
- A hole punch with a beautiful model
- An iron sequined cloth
- Candy
- One sheet of paper and a pencil
- Masking Tapes
- Iron
- A mid-iron fabrics and fabric inserts melting
- The pair of socks
- A little adhesive



1. Thoroughly clean the shoes before you start. Cut a piece of paper in the shape of the rear part of the boot (one for Stone armistice, the two forms of symmetry, so a copy is enough. Just go back to stage 2).


2. Cut the fabric melting of the same shape as your piece of paper. It does not matter if it is a bit bigger than the back part of the shoe.



3. Remove the protective film of the thermal paper. Punch the gap model of molten fabric randomly. 7-10 units on each side of the back of the shoes is enough. This step is easier to achieve if the punch allows you to punch far enough away from the edge. Keep good reason to fall from the punch they used for the front part of the shoe.




4. Cover with paper and tape expenditure base and all the shoes inside skin / false, so that the heat of the molten iron does not form.



5. Heat the iron and cloth used to put the board on the back of the shoe to the right place. For basketball does not sag when ironing, you can stuffed stockings (pay attention to protect them with a cloth to cloth molten no harm). To stop the slide canvas molten iron in the application, fix it with a few small spots of glue (be careful, it will melt with the heat). Set neutral canvas (fine white cotton) on the fusible fabric and apply the iron for at least 20 seconds. This can be done in several stages. If there is some loss of glitter, it is always possible to fill by applying a molten fabric to finish this place is lacking. By cons it will be more difficult to remove the glitter, for some time they are glued to the iron.

Then divide the models released by the punch in the front part of the shoe spacing them randomly and tied them to iron one and always place a cloth between the iron and fusible fabric.



Here are the results:








Graphic Headboard


There is still something missing in my room so it looks at the ceiling: a headboard to dress up a bit. So I went into the creation of a headboard in the same spirit as my headboard: wood color with geometric solids. I of course chose the same color range (allow me to finish my paint cans started at the same time), but not the same reason to avoid the joints effectively too.

In Do It Yourself, you need:

- One or more sheets of plywood to the final width of the bed length 60 cm tall at least (but you can very well use the boards of a pallet for example, if you have the courage to unnail)
- One door
- Battens Wood
- Of wood glue
- Screw
- Son 3 different colors and brushes. I used paint Dulux Valentine inspection. What is left of the painting in small economic format after finishing bedside is enough for my project. They are also equipped with an integrated brush with lid (such as nail polish !!), but I prefer to use a thinner brush.
- Geometric pattern repeated. For this, you can rummage on Pinterest, and that's how I make my herringbone patterns inspired by designs by Mandee miss.
- Matt paint
- Masking Tapes
- Attachments for small furniture (also the head of the bed, but the small furniture much cheaper), as well as plugs, screws, screwdrivers and drills to fix everything
- Scissors, tape meters, a long ruler, a pencil, eraser, paper ...

To my bedside, I proceed as follows:
1. I have two wooden 60 cm high, long enough to cover the width of my bed as I want to "joinery" I draw lines to create random width vertical table.



2. I will follow my path.


3. I assembled my table and on the back, I glued two perpendicular battens cut the planks. For assembly to be stronger than I screwed each table with two cleats. Be careful to choose long enough screws to make it effective, but not too long, it does not exceed and do not scratch your back when you are quite pro headboard




4. Then I realized my model on 2 sheets of A4 paper (to print borderless included) that I assembled with transparent tape. I cut the parts to be painted (the shaded portion) to have a kind of stencil.




5. I copied the pattern on the headboard with "stencil" of me with a pencil and a ruler. To make it easier, I postponed the angles of geometric shapes without moving the stencil, and then I have to connect the dots to the rules. Then just reorganize the edges of the plate on the base has been designed to draw on.


6. I taped to all parties to maintain the color of wood.



7. As for the picture, I made some simulations of colorimetry, and finally I chose the test # 3. I apply the paint in the paint color by color. Caution with masking tape: first do a test and tape coating system applied to the timber to prevent it from sliding under the ice. I then apply a second coat of paint.




8. After the paint dried, the most magical moment is when removing the tape, the shapes are clearly defined and that the painting has not spun under the ice. Then I removed the remaining pencil marks.


9. I drew the field in blue plywood board because I do not really like this kind of school. For this, I protected the whole pattern of my time with masking tape.


10. I spent two coat of paint on my pole model and on the edge when they are dry.


11. I was attached to the upper block two screws for furniture lighting, and I did well on my wall (be careful to take measures). The screw holes are not enough to screw my wall, I have crushed them. then I put the head of the bed against the wall.





No comments: