Sunday, October 2, 2016

DIY | TONE CORAL & GOLD NIGHTSTAND (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)

DIY TONE-ON-TONE CORAL & GOLD DISTRESSED NIGHTSTAND MAKEOVER

So, I promised that I will share the information about this bed about three months ago.

That is not too far behind, is it?

Perhaps behind ridiculous? Ya, okay. That's fair.

The truth is that I almost forgot about it ... until I was painting our bedroom the other day and I remember that I have not even shared my bedside guide with you!

Therefore, no further delay ... here it is: we tone-on-tone gold coral & bedside suffering makeover. The finishing touch for this section is incorporated gold and gold hardware!


We had the bedside for years ... I find them on the curb a few years ago and took them as soon as possible. They were originally polished in a tomato red with black hardware, but with the recent changes to the color of our bedroom it is time to change.


Coral & Gold has been called my name and I saw all kinds of inspiration in fabric I chose for a pillow in our bedrooms and beautiful coral banded in bedding, which I received from Crane and canopy ....


I started by making a base coat of paint in the water Chic Sweet Dreams ...



Sweet Dreams is the first dry when coated with Saki (coral bold above). It is a brilliantly colored corals so ... I absolutely love it! I painted the whole piece with Saki quickly and then go back and immediately suffering it with a wet rag ....


The contrast is not so soft and beautiful ?? You can usually do not think about the kind of pain with tone-on-tone color combo but I absolutely love the effect.

When completely dry headboard from Amazon I covered them with some gold Wax ...


You really can see the difference after put into gold Wax- it brings such a richness in the paint ...


I let it dry for a while in hopes of keeping the rich look much as possible and then buff it off gently with a clean dry cloth ... I saw a yellow wax takes longer to dry and you really need to buff it back to remove the stickiness.


Finally, I freshened up the old hardware with our black with some yellow spray paint.


Done!





I love how it looks in our bedroom! Especially for the board and flooring and headboards reupholstered. All these changes easily and save but along it looks like a completely different space ...

Like it? Want to try some interior painting distressed tone-on-tone ??


Have you done any projects tone-on-tone paint before? How do you like it??

Thanks for reading. And remember my friend housie, HOME was not built in a day. Enjoy the journey!

No comments: