Sunday, October 2, 2016

PLYWOOD AND HAIRPIN LEGS NIGHTSTAND (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)

DIY | MID CENTURY NIGHTSTAND



I spent an unhealthy amount of time stalking mid-century furniture on urban outfitters and sites west elm. there are so many beautiful pieces but I can not afford to buy all so I want to try a DIY version of one!

This bed is one of the more popular shapes and mid-century is one of the easiest build- up cheering. I will run through you how I put together, if you are not confident with wood cutting ask a friend or relative for some help (my father is my go to people who help me to sand!)

Materials:

Plywood panels
Hairpin legs
Acacia wood / nails / screwdriver


To make the body of the head of the bed you'll need four pieces of plywood or board informed.

the size of the plywood for this table is 15 x 45cm (x2) for the party and 45 x 45cm pieces (x2) for the top and bottom.

ps. you can easily create a larger version to use as a coffee table!



To attach the panel to the right side below I applied strong glue timber where the panels will meet (flush to the edge as shown above) and forging some panel pins below to ensure safety.

(You can also use the wooden pegs and glue to join the guide plate together- here!)



I just pasted the top panel down the sides as I will not be joining any really heavy weights. i left the glue to dry overnight.


Last but not least I added some hairpin legs! I borrowed from my foot wooden coffee table slice (the new ones I ordered did not arrive at this point!) I just need to screw them into place with a screwdriver or drill holes -no pilot needed.

Remember to use short screws no longer than the depth of the timber or they will poke through the other side!


I just picked up the bottle pump MUJI brand refil as I love cleanliness and their simple! I want to keep the table pretty minimal, so I just added a couple of portable wooden ITEMS- me in madrid, it reminds me of the design or the version that I had on my wish list.


I originally intended to deep chestnut wood stain but I kinda like the look of unfinished so I can give it a coat of clear varnish instead (..do you think I should dyed it darker?)


Do what you preferences- do you love mid-century furniture too?

Back soon!

DIY | EASY LEATHER STRAP SHELF




For me is like cushions and Haribo shelves (you can never have too many) styling them with books and jewelry is one of the favorite pastimes of my geeky so I'm more than happy I.

I must admit this is a bit of DIY an accident- I'm really happy for the project to create anther skin and when it arrived, I realized that it would be a perfect 'hanging shelf' so I had to try try it out.



You may remember me DIY wire shelves? it also hangs here before so I had two large wall bracket in place. it only takes a few minutes to hang skin and pop shelf into place.

Read on and I'll show you how to make it from scratch ...

Materials:

2 x 50 "leather straps
leather hole punch
length of wood (I'm 120cm)
two large screw hook
wall plugs
drill

Skins and chisel a hole in each end of the strap, check the hole large enough to slip on the hook size you are using.

My hook was in place, but to suit you just drill two holes into the wall, plug pop in a wall and twisted on your hook.

Took two leather straps and slide the hole on the hook to hang them.

a leather strap hanging when two pieces of wood grab and slide through them. (I mentioned this project was easy?)

Leather is very strong so lost a lot of weight, just add your favorite plants, books and jewelry to complete your.



I die happy with how it turned out. SCANDI skin feeling rough and unfinished wood is exactly what I was aiming for .. plus there are some easy to do .. the winner!

Think-you do what you will be tempted to try this?

Back soon

DIY | HANGING ORGANISER


January is the perfect time to start again from scratch so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and make a neat organization! Ideal for hanging in your office or your kitchen to remind scribble down (and store all those pesky pen has a habit of hiding when you need them ..)

if you are looking to remove clutter your work space to read on and I'll show you how to make your own!

You will need the following materials:

30x60cm plywood panels
balsa wood (for bags)
cork sheet
A5 notebook plain page
Wood glue
craft knife and ruler

To start drilling two small holes near the top of the plywood (so you can hang it.)

have a notebook with plain pages A5 and cutting edge using a craft knife -leave intact spine should not fall off the page!

cut out a piece of cork with a size similar to your laptop (15 x 21cm.)

notebook set, cork into plywood and measure where you want them to sit (I was about 3 cm apart) mark the area with a pencil and glue cover with PVA.

stick to the laptop and leave the cork and dry!

followed by taking a piece of wood pocket and marked 4 baslsa thin shape.

1 (21x15cm) rectangle
2 (15 x 3 cm) rectangle
1 (21x3cm) rectangle

cut them out with a craft knife and sand down the edges, carefully assemble the pieces you have cut using some wood glue.

pocket to dry before pasting it into the organization.


a strapping or loss and hang!

Think-you do what you will try to make your own?

Back soon...

No comments: