Saturday, October 1, 2016

DIY NIGHTSTAND WOOD (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)



Diy Nightstands



Some of you may know that we just recently moved from mohair to lehi. in the past year, we have been living in the couple's home while they are on an LDS mission. while it was very nice to pay cheap rent, and live in a big house fully equipped, we are excited to finally be in a place of our own.
we had a table free for our name as far as furniture goes, so we knew we had a lot to get. we do not want to spend all our savings on furniture so we spent our night staining and build our own.
the headboard had received love my new addition, and quite easily if I do say so myself!




I'm terrible at taking pictures of the construction process, so you will just have to bare with me ...

This project of 2 headboard you will need:

3 - 1x8x8ft wooden table - about $ 8 per
wood stain - I used the gel in hickory mixwax
clear coat - I used minwax clear satin polycrylic
32 - foundation - we have to use # 17 x 1 "- 1.75 Nail
8 - foot and a hammer

To make life simpler, head to the warehouse to your timber. they will cut the board down to the exact size you need them.

 You will need:
- 8 Pieces are Open It cut 20 "long
these are the table top & bottom
Pieces are Open -4 It cut 14.5 "long
That is the side panel
Board statement you get 8 inches wide, but they are actually 7 1/4 wide. So the overall size of your box is 20 "wide x 14.5" deep x 8 4/4 "high"
please use my sad little graphic as a guide ...

After your wood is cut and polished smooth, comes the fun part. and by fun I mean messy! wood staining.

It is best to use an old t shirt cut out to apply the stain. scrap used one to apply the gel, and a cleaner for removing scrap and even out the stain.

I just made a coat, because my wardrobe, I colored a bit darker turns out I want.
Once it has dried apply the clear coat.



Next, you assemble.

I found all the pieces that look best and use them as the top piece, and pre set how each box will be set up.
nail two top table to the long side of the table, repeat for the bottom.

you can see my nails ranking in this photo, just 2 on each end of the board, so will 16 per nail bed.

leg! let's talk about truth! I really want to have some foot hairpin, but J did not love them, so we decided to go a little more simple, and I love them!



We ordered slim 16 "Our legs online from Waddell production company.

You can buy them, you HERE for $ 4.26 each!
put a new coat of gel stain on these children, measured 1 "from each corner, make a mark, drill a hole and screwed them in tightly.

and there you have it! We spent about $ 80 for 2 bedside because we have made clear the stain and remaining layers from our wardrobe. but you can not beat the price!



No comments: