Sunday, October 2, 2016

DIY Desk Nightstand (Cheap Nightstands Reviews)

DIY Desk or Nightstand – Free Woodworking Plans


I'm so pumped to show you woodworking plans free our latest! I just started to redo my entire bedroom. It was the only room I have built furniture! My next project will be a king bed, which I can not wait to share! Today I shared the first half of my new table DIY ...

Today I share woodworking plans free for the side panel of the desk. I designed part of the desk is very multifunctional! I'm using it as part of my desktop system, but these children also doubles as the head of the bed. With storage headboard hide ... I can get an Amen ?? Here it is for my desk!



I share this first part of the table with you a few weeks ago, and you can see. It was really exciting for me, "need" a table space. When we started this little blog six years ago, I never thought I would need a large table to store a bunch of stuff, but here we are. Makes me grateful.


And wait till y'all see the other half ... Well, I should tell the other 2/3. I need a desk with storage space a little more, and I designed this collection Truss table. You can build his desk, or you can add a number of extensions that I will show you real soon.

Thanks very much to our good friend Jay Jay's Custom Creations to bring all the original plan and our ideas into plans in for our readers. Y'all should check their website ... He has a lot of great tips, ideas and plans of their own! I will guide you through the building below, and you can download and print the free plan by clicking HERE or click below!

I have used the Kreg Jig me K5
for the entire building. You do not have to hang around here long to know about our love for this tool. Ashley and I are using K5 model. You can find it on Amazon HERE!

As always, I would call this a very simple and easy to build! I broke it down for you, but let me know if you have any questions at all!
This little box table using hardwood plywood. I chose to use Purebond Plywood me! Purebond product is our favorite to use when plywood is part of a building. It looks like the expensive hardwood at a fraction of the cost. It was made here in the US and that is formaldehyde make it safe to work with! You can find it at Home Depot. We always have people who can cut it down to us to make it easier to get into the car.


The first step on this table is to build the box. Kreg Jig I use my for this section. I have holes 3/4 "my bag on top and bottom.


I use a pencil to mark where the bottom will be lined up on the board a piece inside and add a line of Gorilla Wood glue before attaching the bottom piece.


I use my Kreg Right Angle Clamp bottom boat kept in place while tied with 1.25 "pocket hole screws. I love this clip! It's like having an extra arm around!


I mounted my top table the same way. Make sure it is flush with the edges of the pieces inside.


And you have a box!

I add the next piece shelf. This part is optional and you can line it up inside table or wherever you want to match the storage needs of your own. I used 3/4 "hole bag and 1.25" pocket hole screws for this section as well.


I attached a piece of 1 × 2 on the front of the shelf to use brad nails Airstrike I Ryobi and acacia. This includes the rough edges of the plywood.


Now to cut this bad boy! Simple. Whitewood I use for all my cuttings. We have noted the planned cuts, but I really like to measure this as I go. Sometimes you can have a little bit, and that would be the most obvious thing to add trim. I use a wood glue lines below each table.


Then, I keep them in my brad nails with 1.25 "Brad nails.


I do not worry about the holes in this section. I will have a look weathered wood, and I really love the look of the exposed holes. You can fill in you if you want to ... Just make sure to use sub stainable if you plan to trace.

I use my Kreg Jig again to put together the face of the panel frame. This section uses 3/4 "hole bag and 1.25" screws pocket hole as well. You can see my face Kreg pinned at work here ....


Once I had the entire frame assembly faces, I add it to the 'box' I use wood glue and brad nail me.


You build the door frame like the face using the Kreg Jig. Once the frame is built, attach a piece of 1/4 "plywood Purebond into the back of the frame. I used acacia and 3/4" staples with airstrikes My Stapler fraction present. Staples is a good choice when using thin plywood like this.


I hold the door for now, so I can trace them. My final step was to add the trim piece. This is 1 × 4 cut with an angle of 10 degrees. This is a cut is easy to do with a hat saws. Just put a cap cut saws to cut 10 degrees and cut them according to the plan. I added a line of glue on each piece of wood


I keep them by my brad nails and 1.25 "Brad nails.


My final step was to add the plywood to the back of the board and head board. I use the back and tied it Purebond to use my stapler and no glue. I decided plank top with measurements similar calling plan. I've divided these into more cuts to give it a look 'planked'. I LOVE IT. You can see it here ...


I use a combo of my fav new spot for the end! I start by dyeing the whole thing with traces of weathered wood gray Varathane. You can find this at Home Depot! It only requires one coat and dried for one hour ... Yes please!


I want me to find a little more painful, so I Rust-Oleum use decorative glaze on top of the stain when it dries. You just brush this stuff on and then wipe off the excess. Work on one side at a time when it dries quite quickly. You can also find it at Home Depot.


I found my hardware at Home Depot as well. These are Pull and hinges I use for my table. Just use your drill to attach both ... Easy peasy. I also added a small magnet closure on the bottom of the table to get inside the door as it closes.


Here are a few photos of the progress in detail!


I can not wait to share with you part 3 soon! This is such an interesting system that can be easily modified to suit your own space!

I would love for you to pin and share this plan with all your friends! You guys are great and we appreciate you very much! ~ Whitney.

See more....

No comments: