Sunday, October 2, 2016

DIY | Stenciling & Staining



Custom DIY Stenciling & Staining furniture!



Stencil and furniture Stain!
Here are some alarming before and afters ...






I started with a headboard is in serious bad shape.
Glue, dents, dings, water stains, sticker goo ... you name it ...
This is disgusting!
Redeeming feature is that they have REAL wood ...
I know we can work with it!


The division is in the shape comparison. Thankfully they are cheaper at yard sales.
I built tanks from scrap wood from the garage ... and spare cake.
I spent a lot of time sanding it down.


I'm too cheap to buy a stencil $ 40-50 for a project I'll use one ...
so I improve and make my own.
I inserted my thick plastic right into my cameo silhouette.
Once I adjusted quatrefoil background I want ... I have guests "cut" it.
This plastic is too thick to have cameo cut it out though.

Check Amazon

It was noted the line though ... and that's what I want!


Then I spent hours cutting it out.
Yes, it's slow ... but my son and I heard some of the Hobbit on CD,
so that is fun.


I always put an x on the inside, where I'm cut ... sometimes,
you (okay, me) is very close to something and you take
  and began to cut the wrong parts!


Finally finished!


When there is no spare time ... I measure the surface of everything to
stencil and mark the small x in the center.
Then I lined up my stencil and start in the middle.


Here are the secrets ... repositionable spray.
Keep it in place while you work!


I use a slightly off-white paint Paris that I
sat around and a stipple brush


One you do stenciling ... you wait until the paint is completely
dried before pressing it down again and paint the next section.


But it worked pretty well, because I had a lot of surface
needs to be painted ... so I just walked around until all central
is painted and then be the first ready for part 2, and so on.



At first I was not going to either side of the bed stencil ...
Besides, I have run out of white paint! But it needs it, so I got out some
acrylic paint and did it.


Not a perfect paint match, but close enough.
Well, they still looked boring to me, so I edged them in aqua blue.
and let dry overnight.


Oh, ya, painted inside drawers too!
And used up all my aqua paint as well!


The next day is the fun!
Dye!
I used black walnut stain. I want it up ... so I painted it on with a
Paintbrush and then rub off the excess with a rag old.
Repeated on all surfaces. I love how it makes the stencil turned out!


Give it a rich look!


When dye was made ... the buttons and knobs need to be replaced.
I had a ton of random buttons I got at a yard sale ... any match.
and they were booked.


I just sprayed all brass and copper they fit perfectly now!


See how they work perfectly with the color of wood?



And here is a picture of the product series has been completed!


Perfect fit little bedroom set!




Link to THIS side this week!

No comments: